Here’s a unique Mother’s Day gift idea: Why not set up an indoor greenhouse for indoor growing? It takes little effort and doesn’t have to cost a lot, but will mean the world to Mom on May 12th.
Give her the gift of organic growing. Offer Mom the perfect indoor greenhouse set up to start seedlings for indoor gardening, baskets or outdoor gardens. Provide her the opportunity to grow fresh produce and herbs all year round. If you’ve got a marijuana Mom or a Mom using CBD, you are gifting her with the ideal cannabis grow room set up. It truly is the special Mother’s Day present that keeps on giving.
You can purchase an indoor greenhouse kit or a high-tech, hydroponic gardening kit from most big box stores or you can make your own DIY indoor greenhouse. Your indoor greenhouse design doesn’t have to be extravagant with special, expensive equipment to do the job. With some simple planning and some reasonable supplies, you’ll have Mom growing indoors in no time.
How to set up an indoor greenhouse:
Pick a prime location. In a perfect world, the most favorable spot is an area inside the home with moderate to good window lighting. The best possible place is near a sunny window or patio door facing south. Not everyone has this option available, so these are good alternatives:
- Corner of the basement
- Tool shed
- Unused closet
- Spare bedroom
When deciding on an area for your indoor greenhouse setup, take into consideration temperature fluctuations, humidity levels, ventilation and airflow in addition to adequate lighting. Ideally, temperatures should be between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit with humidity levels between 40 and 60 percent. But don’t worry… you can artificially create the right indoor growing conditions.
Gather the proper supplies. Depending on your needs, these common greenhouse supplies are readily available at most hardware and home improvement retailers:
- One or more plastic shelving units determined by space
- Grow lights – might be on stands with fluorescent bulbs or you can use hanging fluorescent tubes
- Extension cord and power strip
- Small fan/s if you don’t have a ceiling fan above
- Humidifier with humidity gauge control
- Flats for growing seedlings; small pots for plants
- Trays to collect water underneath
- Timer if you want lights turned on and off at specific intervals
- Plastic sheeting to create a greenhouse effect
Make it attractive, comfortable and efficient for Mom. Choose nice shelving or pretty planters, especially if using a common room seen and used by guests. Beware of loose cords and putting flammable products near heat sources.
Consider installing GrowFloor® and GrowWall™ grow room coverings to enhance greenhouse growing. GrowFloor greenhouse flooring and GrowWall greenhouse wall coverings are made in the USA of premium, 100% polyvinyl in Absolute White with a ceramic texture and high-gloss, ultra-reflective top coat. The Grow line looks good in any room and offers indoor gardeners an array of growing benefits:
- Durable, long lasting, waterproof floor and wall protection
- Creates an airtight, sterile, lab-like growing environment for plants to thrive
- Resists microbes, bacteria, mold, mildew
- Helps in spotting harmful pests, debris and other contaminants
- UV-resistant and reduces glare and hot spots
- GrowWall aides in increasing lighting efficiency 400% over other greenhouse products
- Assists in insulating and reducing cooling costs
- Is comfortable underfoot for Mom
- Easy to clean
- DIY trim to size installation, with peel & stick options available for GrowWall
- Repositionable, reusable and recyclable
It’s all about experiences these days and Mom deserves the best. Create the ultimate grow room experience this Mother’s Day and leave her speechless.