It’s not a huge surprise that the entire month of April is deemed National Gardening Month. But did you know that accomplished gardeners and novice growers have a special day all their own? It’s Sunday, April 14th and it is duly named National Gardening Day!
National Gardening Day was founded to celebrate outdoor and indoor gardening and to encourage home gardeners to learn more about growing indoors and out. Whether you want to grow vegetables, fruit, flowers, houseplants or anything else requiring seeds, dirt, water and a little TLC, National Gardening Day is your day to kick-off the growing season.
Here are a few fun ways to observe National Gardening Day:
- Pick up a new book or resource guide on outdoor/indoor growing from your local bookstore or library.
- Sign up for a gardening course near you.
- Learn all you can about organic growing.
- Investigate hydroponic gardening, aquaponic gardening and aeroponic growing methods.
- Join an indoor gardening club (or start one of your own).
- Take an outdoor garden tour.
- Organize a seed and/or perennial plant swap between friends and neighbors.
- Visit a nursery or garden center to pick out your seeds, plants, containers and accessories for your gardening season.
- Begin setting up a home greenhouse or indoor grow room.
You can also celebrate National Gardening Day by checking out Better Life Technology’s gardening flooring and greenhouse coverings – ideal for indoor gardening, indoor growing, greenhouse growing, organic growing, and gardening using hydroponics, aquaponics and aeroponics. GrowFloor® and GrowWall™ are a home gardener’s best friend. Available in aesthetically-pleasing Absolute White with a unique ceramic texture and high-gloss topcoat, there is the right GrowFloor and GrowWall size to fit your growroom space.
Our Grow line provides DIY installation and easy clean up. Made in the USA of premium, waterproof polyvinyl, GrowFloor gardening flooring and GrowWall greenhouse wall coverings offer years of protection from deterioration, mold, mildew, microbes, bacteria, debris and bugs. These Grow products aid in organic growing and are also repositionable, reusable and recyclable saving you money and reducing your environmental footprint.